Sunday 4 September 2011

September Flowers



It's Flower of the Month time at Daring Cardmakers, and the choice for September's flower is either Asters or Morning Glory. I have chosen Asters for my card.



For this card I've used an off-cut of card as my base (great to use those bits up!) and I really like the shape as it's a little different. I've layered these lovely aqua papers up with an embossed a digi cut label, corrugated card oval that I've edged with ruffled seam binding. The Aster is made by using a Doodlebug 'Paper Frill', which is basically a fringed strip of card and rolled into a spiral then flattened out the petals and inked. A brad and some felt flowers finish off the Aster. Lace, aqua satin and palce blue velvet ribbon runs along the top with some cute little buttons and twine.


Challenges:
Cr84fn Colour challenge - Light blue, Turquoise, neutrels




5 comments:

  1. Another beauty, I love these blue tones, and the little aster is fab, a lot of fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect as always :0) I love your cards Fran. You are so talented.

    Zuz. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Love the texture and depth in your flower - it's beautiful!. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. I love the beautiful layered papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Fran! Love the pretty layered flower embellishment and patterned papers! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete