Friday 8 July 2011

All Up In The Air


It's new-Dare day at Daring Cardmakers and this week it's Rein's dare using SUITCASES.

 
 As we had a little problem with our Inlinkz code going a bit awry last week and lots of people were unable to add their links, we've decided to roll-over our prize draw and include all the cards entered for this week's challenge too.
So for another week, donated by our sponsor online store Crimson Cloud .
Click HERE to visit the Crimson Cloud online store
We have this lovely cardmaking kit for one very lucky winner:



There are only 3 rules for entering our random draw:
1. Make a card for our challenge and link it back to here
2. Show it on your blog and add links mentioning Crimson Cloud and Daring Cardmakers
3. You may only enter your card for 5 other challenges.
  


So for my card, I started with a cool map I found on the internet which was cut with nesties Labels 1, along with the distressed Par Avion labels. The plane was cut from said labels, and I've sewn jet stream coming out of the engines which I thought looked quite cute :)









The border strip is raised from the main card to make it stand out (literally) folded flaps down on either side and stuck it onto the card.






The papers and suitcase / borders are from Echo Park 'For The Record' digi kit, which I'm making very good use of since I got it the other month! I've used rub ons, hand doodles and of course ink to decorate the case and the front quote is the back of some East Of India paper chains. I'm loving the paper button twine which I picked up from a food and gift event last weekend. Job done!

Challenges I'm entering this into:


Thanks for reading x


Tim Holtz Adage Tickets
Echo Park 'For The Record' digi kit from  Jessica Sprague
Doodlebug 'All Mixed Up' rub ons
East Of India paper twine and paper chains




6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! The jet stream stitching is fab.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something weird is going on with the commenting - I'll try again.... This is fab, Fran - I think it's the perfect card for someone off on their gap-year travels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - the stitching is a brilliant touch :) I love all the labels and the map and everything!

    jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Fran, a brilliant idea and I just love all the little details you've thought of, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Fran, this is totally inspired - I love the stitching behind the plane and the map is fab!

    ReplyDelete